Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Our Thanksgiving was so great! We had an amazing time. Unfortunately we didn't have the time or the funds to plan a trip to Cedar to visit family this year. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to see my side of the family this time around, but there is always X-Mas! But luckily for us, Max's side of the family was fine with traveling to see us for an early Thanksgiving on Wednesday! You know what that means - I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time ever!


Wow, it was crazy trying to put everything together in my tiny little kitchen! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, potato salad, stuffing, mac & cheese, apple cider, egg nog, cranberry juice, chocolate mousse pie, apple pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, striped delight, and one peach cobbler that went horribly wrong lol! Needless to say, near the end I was getting a little overwhelmed. Luckily for me, my girls Brittney & Brett came to my rescue and helped me get it all done!

Once we finally got everything on the table, we chowed down! I am so sad that I didn't manage to get a pic of everyone eating - or the kids' table for that matter. But I was busy scarfing down some awesome food haha! It was a fabulous dinner, and when we were finally full we all sat around laughing and playing Nintendo Land.



It was great fun! The kids especially had a blast with it, and when they weren't playing games they would take a break to play with Sara's puppies that she brought with her. It made for lots of memorable moments! Another one of the most memorable from Thanksgiving was Max and Kenny's epic arm wrestle.



It was so fun cheering for them, hearing them grunt and groan in agony and watching their faces turn red haha! Ultimately, Kenny won with their right arms and Max won with their left. It was awesome! Each round lasted for quite a while - they are pretty evenly matched!

Alright, alright, moving on. The day after Thanksgiving Max happened to have yet another day with no school and no work. This never happens! It was amazing! So we decided to take advantage of the situation and use actual Thanksgiving to decorate the house for the Holidays.



The kids did SUCH a good job decorating the tree! I was so shocked! Vincent could reach way higher on the tree this year, and I didn't even have to teach Eva how to put ornaments on the tree - I just handed her one and she went over and did it! Crazy! I set a few ornaments aside for myself to put at the top of the tree where they couldn't reach, and it turned out amazing. They didn't even clump the ornaments together too much - they totally blew me away!




It was a great day that just totally flew by! We did the decorating, ate Thanksgiving leftovers, watched the movie "Planes" for the first time (sooo cute!), and then just spent some awesome quality time together at home as a family. It may sound cheesy, but these past couple of days have left my heart so full of joy. I feel so lucky to have the best family and friends in the world, and that I get to spend the rest of my life celebrating holidays with them!

Guess that's it for now - we have a busy few weeks ahead of us. Max has finals the 2nd week of December (wish him luck!), and we'll be getting things ready for X-Mas and planning a trip to Cedar to visit family for the holidays. So check back in soon! Thanks for stopping by!

The Smiths

No comments:

Post a Comment